We had many visitors try out IG’s creative re-use projects at the Spring Into Action event at the Johnson Art Museum. Electronic component jewelry was very popular, and some new styles were invented, including a lovely charm bracelet and dangling earrings out of resistors and capacitors. Suspending fragments of plastic detritus in glass vials of hand sanitizer proved to be a surprisingly absorbing and interesting project for kids and adults. As a bonus, some happy young women got to take home dried death head’s cockroaches and spider skins. A good time was had by all!
233 Cherry St., Ithaca, New York, Behind Wegman's. We are open during the hours shown on our makerspace Open Times calendar.
* 3D Printing: firstname.lastname@example.org (Josh DeRosa)
* Electronics: email@example.com (Vic Aprea)
* Laser Cutter: firstname.lastname@example.org (Nicole Marino)
* Ceramics: email@example.com (Arianna Crawford)
* IG Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org (open position)
* Storage/ Organization: email@example.com (Caleb Harned)
* Woodworking: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jon Sanders)
* Metal Work: email@example.com (Laurence Clarkberg)
* Crafts / Textiles: firstname.lastname@example.org (Denise O’Leary)