We had many visitors try out IG’s creative re-use projects at the Spring Into Action event at the Johnson Art Museum. Electronic component jewelry was very popular, and some new styles were invented, including a lovely charm bracelet and dangling earrings out of resistors and capacitors. Suspending fragments of plastic detritus in glass vials of hand sanitizer proved to be a surprisingly absorbing and interesting project for kids and adults. As a bonus, some happy young women got to take home dried death head’s cockroaches and spider skins. A good time was had by all!
116 West Green St., Ithaca, New York, AKA: Press Bay Alley. For woodshop / metalshop location walk past Circus Culture and down the stairs by the loading dock. For Laser Cutter, Electronics, 3D Printing, Ceramics and Crats location walk toward Three Ring Donuts and turn right. We are open during the hours shown on our makerspace Open Times calendar.
* 3D Printing: email@example.com (Josh DeRosa)
* Electronics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Vic Aprea)
* Laser Cutter: email@example.com (Nicole Marino)
* Ceramics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Arianna Crawford)
* IG Sustainability: email@example.com (open position)
* Storage/ Organization: firstname.lastname@example.org (Caleb Harned)
* Woodworking: email@example.com (Jon Sanders)
* Metal Work: firstname.lastname@example.org (Laurence Clarkberg)
* Crafts / Textiles: email@example.com (Denise O’Leary)