Yesterday Diane Cohen, Executive Director of Fingerlakes ReUse, gave me a tour of their facility in Triphammer Mall. It is truly a maker’s paradise. If you are looking for a used stepper motor from an old inkjet printer, an old camera lens for a robot’s eyes, or even scrap wood for your geodesic dome project you can find it here. You will also find opportunities to give back to your community. As a maker you are also no doubt a fixer. The ReUse Center has a new program called the Fixer’s Collective. Every Saturday from 3pm to 5pm people who like to fix things get together with people who have something that needs to be fixed, and good things happen. If you are interested fill out the Fixer’s Collective survey and check out the latest news on their Facebook page.
116 West Green St., Ithaca, New York, AKA: Press Bay Alley. For woodshop / metalshop location walk past Circus Culture and down the stairs by the loading dock. For Laser Cutter, Electronics, 3D Printing, Ceramics and Crats location walk toward Three Ring Donuts and turn right. We are open during the hours shown on our makerspace Open Times calendar.
* 3D Printing: email@example.com (Josh DeRosa)
* Electronics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Vic Aprea)
* Laser Cutter: email@example.com (Nicole Marino)
* Ceramics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Arianna Crawford)
* IG Sustainability: email@example.com (open position)
* Storage/ Organization: firstname.lastname@example.org (Caleb Harned)
* Woodworking: email@example.com (Jon Sanders)
* Metal Work: firstname.lastname@example.org (Laurence Clarkberg)
* Crafts / Textiles: email@example.com (Denise O’Leary)