As noted in a previous post, Ithaca Generator has formed a crack team of makers to build our very own race car. We intend to race in the NYC Maker Faire Power Racing Series in September. In spite of our inexperience and wild ambition to build a novel tilting vehicle, we are making progress! We are moving beyond the wooden prototype we built last month, translating its dimensions into cold hard steel. Some upcoming challenges: we plan to assemble batteries from discarded laptops. We may need help designing and 3D-printing battery holders. And we plan to incorporate a novel electronic differential; Paul Davis has offered to help set that up. And we need help machining a disc brake mount. Lend a hand if you can!
116 West Green St., Ithaca, New York, AKA: Press Bay Alley. Go past Life's So Sweet chocolate store and down the stairs by the loading dock. We are open during the hours shown on our makerspace Open Times calendar.
* 3D Printing: email@example.com (Josh DeRosa)
* Electronics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Vic Aprea)
* Laser Cutter: email@example.com (Nicole Marino)
* Ceramics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Arianna Crawford)
* IG Sustainability: email@example.com (open position)
* Storage/ Organization: firstname.lastname@example.org (Caleb Harned)
* Woodworking: email@example.com (Jon Sanders)
* Metal Work: firstname.lastname@example.org (Laurence Clarkberg)
* Crafts / Textiles: email@example.com (Denise O’Leary)