For the past 10 weeks we’ve been collaborating with Xraise Lab for Science Outreach and Make Better Stuff to offer “Trash 2 Toys” workshops for kindergardeners and 1st graders in the GIAC After School Program. The kids have been making toys with found materials and learning all kinds of cool stuff like how to make simple circuits and how to design for disassembly and repair. Last week they got to see our new 3D printer in action and asked, “When do we get to use that?!” We LOVE the enthusiasm and will think on ways to incorporate the printer into future workshops for sure!
116 West Green St., Ithaca, New York, AKA: Press Bay Alley. Go past Life's So Sweet chocolate store and down the stairs by the loading dock. We are open during the hours shown on our makerspace Open Times calendar.
* 3D Printing: email@example.com (Josh DeRosa)
* Electronics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Vic Aprea)
* Laser Cutter: email@example.com (Nicole Marino)
* Ceramics: firstname.lastname@example.org (Arianna Crawford)
* IG Sustainability: email@example.com (open position)
* Storage/ Organization: firstname.lastname@example.org (Caleb Harned)
* Woodworking: email@example.com (Jon Sanders)
* Metal Work: firstname.lastname@example.org (Laurence Clarkberg)
* Crafts / Textiles: email@example.com (Denise O’Leary)